We are proud to say Mohawk laminate floors are safe…and always have been! With recent news coverage of potentially unsafe laminate floors made in China, we want to assure you the flooring we sell is made in the U.S.A., in North Carolina. Not China. Mohawk controls every step in the production process and knows what goes into our floors. Mohawk laminate flooring is CARB Phase 2 Compliant, based on third party CARB-approved lab results. That means the flooring sold by Christoff and Sons Floor Covering meets strict formaldehyde emissions standards, set by the state of California, for healthy indoor air quality.
Christoff and Sons Floor Covering’s Mohawk floors are FloorScore Certified FloorScore Certification means that Mohawk floors have also been tested by a Third Party Lab for 78 volatile organic compounds (VOCs), in addition to formaldehyde testing. We have passed all of these tests. Our floors further protect from VOCs, because no glue is needed during installation.
- Mohawk floors qualify as an Environmentally Preferred Product in most green rating systems.
- Our floors meet the air quality emissions standards set for educational facilities, by the reputable Collaborative for High Performance Schools.
- Mohawk meets criteria required by the well-respected U.S. Green Building Council.
- Contributes to LEED points as a Low Emitting Material.
- Mohawk meets indoor air quality criteria established for healthcare facilities by the Green Guide for Health